Why be a member of FONE? Because you can join a community, know the present, make your voice heard; take charge of your career, look to the future along with other benefits.
The Florida Organization of Nurse Executives exists for nurse leaders who provide vision for the advancement of professional nursing practice and patient care. FONE promotes excellence in leadership to shape the future of health care delivery, education and health policy in Florida.
JOIN A NETWORKING COMMUNITY
When you join FONE, you join a state-wide community of nurse leaders who are dedicated to the improvement of patient care in their organizations and communities. Our members include nursing faculty, nursing educators, researchers, consultants, nurse executives, nurses in entry and middle management and staff nurses who are interested in management and leadership.
KNOW THE PRESENT
FONE is your first, best source of news and information on nursing leadership. We communicate with you to provide you the latest headlines and the tools to translate those headlines into action.
HAVE YOUR VOICE HEARD
FONE takes your voice, advocates your views and represents your interests in Florida Legislature. FONE influences public health care policy by working with other organizations, coalitions and lobbyists to effect legislation. FONE is the recognized voice of nursing leaders in our state!
TAKE CHARGE OF YOUR CAREER
FONE Members build their careers by attending FONE education programs, publishing articles and research findings.
LOOK TO THE FUTURE
FONE is an organization that helps leaders help each other. We are an organization that is committed to advocating for the resources you need to develop the nursing workforce of tomorrow. We are committed to delivering the personal and professional benefits that support both you and your organization.
OTHER MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- Networking with nursing leaders across the state
- Support for nursing research activities and use of evidence to change practice and patient care.
- FONE fosters a collaborative posture with other nursing organizations (i.e., QUIN Council) to influence the future of nursing in Florida. The QUIN Council is comprised of representatives from FONE, FNA, FHA, BON, FLN & Deans and Directors of Nursing Education Programs in Florida.
- FONE partners with the Florida Center for Nursing in the development of state-wide reports on the nursing workforce.
- FONE presents educational conferences featuring nationally known experts in nursing and healthcare
- FONE keeps members aware of timely issues in the state and nation.
- FONE publishes an annual report to give its members an overview of nursing leadership activity in regional chapters and state-wide.
- FONE maintains a comprehensive membership directory that allows members to locate other FONE colleagues.
- FONE supports members in knowing key legislative issues on a state and national level.
- FONE provides opportunities for nurse managers and aspiring nurse leaders in all health care settings to interact with nursing leaders on a professional level to acquire guidance, support and mentorship while working together on professional nursing issues.
- Membership dues discount for multiple members from the same facility.
- FONE facilitates participation in nursing issues at the local level through Chapter affiliations.
- FONE membership period is from January 1st to December 31st
- If you join FONE between October 1 and December 31 your membership will be good through the following year. (i.e. join October 15, your membership expires December 31)
INTERESTED BUT STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?
Contact FONE at firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you interested in joining FONE or renewing your membership?
Download membership Application here or Member Signup Online