SOUTHWEST ORGANIZATION OF NURSE EXECUTIVES
The Mission of the Southwest Florida Organization of Nurse Executives (SWONE) is to represent and strengthen nurse leaders and aspiring nurse leaders across all practice settings and educational institutions in Southwest Florida by providing opportunities for professional networking, education, mentorship and consultation.
Our Vision is to sustain a highly visible forum of nurse leaders that serve as a unified force to improve nursing practice and enhance the quality of health that is provided in Lee and Collier counties.
The Southwest Florida Organization of Nurse Executives will achieve this Mission and Vision through:
- Collaboration with the Florida Organization of Nurse Executives to support our mutual goals, objectives and strategic plan.
- Providing opportunities for ongoing communication among nurse leaders and aspiring nurse leaders in Lee and Collier Counties.
- Supporting educational programs to support leadership development of professional nurses.
- Provide legislative information to membership and explore opportunities to gather legislative concerns from membership to relay to FONE.
- Utilizing an evidence-based framework when developing the Chapter’s programs and practices.
- Active involvement of all SWONE members in Chapter and FONE activities.
- Seeking ongoing expansion of our Chapter to ensure representation of all practice settings.
- Ensuring activities of the Chapter are visible in our agencies and in our community.
- Providing mentorship opportunities for advancing the knowledge and skills of our members.